CashCashPinoy's After-Sales Support Fail

I've been a fan of CashCashPinoy's group buying promos since mid last year.  Through their deals, we've been able to score scrumptious opportunities to dine at places like Sofitel's Spiral and Le Bistro Vert for half the usual price, as well as purchase stays at quaint hotels and even intro Scuba dive lessons.  But -- and there is always a but -- like most, if not all, group buying websites, there's one thing that can sully the deal.  For CashCashPinoy, it is their after-sales support.  Specifically, when it comes to purchases via credit card.

Until last week, I always paid for my CashCashPinoy purchases OTC in BDO.  But for the sake of experience, I used my credit card to make some purchases last June 21.  Two of those were for myself while four were for friends.  CashCashPinoy has a feature that lets you "gift a friend" certain deals.  What it does is, once you've paid for the purchase, CashCashPinoy's system automatically emails the voucher to your gift recipient's email inbox.  I've used that feature many times without a hitch.  But, somehow, something changed last June 21, and that is what I tried to find out through this email discussion below that I had with one of their support personnel.

The situation: me and my friends didn't get any of the vouchers I purchased for us on June 21.
What I did: I emailed CashCashPinoy's support team, asking about the vouchers that didn't arrive in our email inboxes.  Didn't hear from them for over a day. I eventually realized I could get my own vouchers via my CashCashPinoy account, which I did, but my friends still hadn't gotten their vouchers.

(These are arranged in chronological order, oldest at the top. Please click on the images to read what went down.)


Clearly stated that I need them to check about why my friends haven't gotten their vouchers.  In my reply, I attached two screenshots that showed the confirmation numbers of my purchases.  From this, I expected they would be able to find those missing vouchers. 


Oh boy, was I wrong.  The two attachments that they sent me were vouchers for only one of the deals I had purchased for myself.  Vouchers which I had clearly told them I had already printed out.  These were not the missing vouchers for my friends.  I assumed that they sent me my own vouchers because they were finally able to forward my friends' vouchers to their own email inboxes.  Again, I was wrong.


Obviously, a lost-in-translation moment had happened by this time. It became clear to me soon enough that the conversation got weird because "Issa" had neglected to do two important things: view the attachments I had sent and read my email.  See, if Issa had really done both things, then I wouldn't have had to explain for the second time what I needed help with.


CashCashPinoy owners/management, listen up: you really need to get your act together.  This "Issa" person has just exposed your weakness.


As of June 30, they still haven't replied to me yet again. On top of that, my friends still have not received their vouchers.  Let me be clear about two things:
  • I don't mind emailing the vouchers myself.  But, that's not the point here.  
  • I expected a service to be done because CashCashPinoy's online facility didn't indicate that they could not carry out the service in the first place.  Unfortunately, it wasn't done, thus my disappointment and now I'm in this merry-go-round that has just made me dizzier. 
I don't blame friends who have backed off purchasing deals from CashCashPinoy.  They've been burned more than once.  This is the first time I got bad and very confusing customer service from CashCashPinoy and, I have to say, it has already made me think twice about purchasing anything from them again.


6 comments:

  1. What they're doing is obviously illegal! They're delaying paid items of the consumers. that is against the consumers act law by the constitution. this company might manipulate your payment just to collect it and not doing anything in return.If this is duly registered in DTI or SEC they should know the simple protocol for the benefit of their consumers. THIS COULD BE A FRAUD! and could be reported to the authorities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're right. and thanks for reminding me about the consumer act. actually, i did get what i paid for but, not through the medium that they said i and my friends would. i'll check the consumer law to see what it says about situations like this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. if you buy say 5 items of the same deal, will you be getting 5 vouchers?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes. So far, that's been my experience with CCP's deals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You mentioned that your friends got "burned more than once", can you tell exactly what happened? Cause I'm having issues with their customer service as well. I purchased three items that they said will be delivered December 5, and i haven't received anything yet. I tried following up through their online customer support but this one does suck and they havent got back to me about this. And their hiding of their office telephone number makes everything more suspicious. Are they just faking it? I bought those items using credit cards as well, and I believe it has already been reflected on my account. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Sorry about the late reply. Holiday craziness, couldn't find the time to blog! :P Have their customer support gotten back to u yet? If not, file a complaint to DTI & inform CCP. Maybe that will get their attention.

    ReplyDelete